Re: Garage-Reply-I got a new one at Xmas <bg>

To: <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage-Reply-I got a new one at Xmas <bg>
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:17:36 +0930
On Wednesday, 5 January 2000 TravelMW said
Subject: Re: Garage

>Just a couple of added thoughts...
>
>Check building codes beforehand, in many areas, garage size (and >height)
is limited.

Good advice, my local council engineer approves 'any' improvements on 'any'
property in the local government area. I just had a new garage put up to
replace the ancient structure that came with the house when I bought it 15
years ago.
The garage I 'wanted' to put up was 45 feet long and 20 feet wide, the local
government By-Laws limited the maximum size for a suburban quarter acre
block to 40 feet long 20 feet wide and 9 feet high [ at the point where the
roof meets the top of the side wall ] so that's what I had to have as a
maximum size. [The peak of the roof is three feet higher than the top of the
wall.]
It may be a tad smaller than I wished for, but it's bloody beautifull 8^)
The 'Collectable' MGB-LE is probably on edge waiting for the moment it can
mark it's territory on the 'new' pristine concrete floor 8^)
Two sky lights at the back, three double fluorescent lights and one single
over the work bench area, plenty of power points--sigh--for me this is as
good as it gets.

Regards,

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia,