Re: Ding on a piston in the dish and valve colors...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ding on a piston in the dish and valve colors...
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:32:21 +1100
Andrew,

> never detected in the past or possibly dieseling.  Am I missing some
> other problem that this might cause in the next year or so till I can
> redo the bottom of the engine?

Round off the edges of the combustion chambers with a small file. I think
this has worked wonders on my car, and thanks to Barney for the advice
(again :). I've had my car up to 210F, switched her off, and she 'stops' on
a dime now. No dieseling whatsoever. But I also have a totally carbon free
engine so that does help. To prove the effect of the work, the old head had
sharp edges and she almost always ran on over 190F.

Cheers,
Neil.