Re: pressure vs. siphon blaster

To: darby@tri-lakes.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pressure vs. siphon blaster
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:54:43 EST
I haven't had the need for over-the-top protection equipement.  My sandblast
cabinet is made of plywod plexiglass and duct tape.  I cut an old towel up
and sewed it on to a pair of gloves to make long arms, and stapled it onto
the cabinet to put my hands in.
  I just wear whatever when I sandblast.  i  have garage shoes... ya know
with primer and grease on them...  But I havne't had much of a grittty nasty
problem using Coal Slag.  I would suggest atleast a paper mask I guess, the
important part is not getting any silica in your lungs.  Its ok in small
doses, but my mining engineer brother tells me that most "black lung" is
actually silicosis, and it works the same way as asbestos in causing cancer.
But obviously miners have much higer exposer rates.  As long as the mask
protects against silica, you are all set.  I dotn' use the paper ones I have
a proper respirator that doesnt' itch as much!  I definately didn't need a
blast hood.

   Some siphon blasters are better than others, I had a real shit one and it
was terrible, now I have a pressureized versiona nd I have much less of a
cutting out problem, but I don't know why I GOOD siphon blaster wouldn't work
satisfactory.  just dont get some stupid $15 blast-from-a-bucket thing.  They
suck.

John, College student at UNH with MG Magnette MK. III, MGB, and Jaguar XJ-S
all from working at a grocery store!

John Elwood
Visit The World's Greatest Site Devoted to Farina Magnettes:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/farina