Wire Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheels
From: Joel Woodard <joel-woodard@acck.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:37:39 CST
I have a 1964 MGB with wire wheels.  I have balanced and balanced, but at
60-70mph I still have a slight vibration.  On the balancing machine, the
wheels (all four) have a very slight wobble, so I think they need to be
trued.  I had a machine shop make a special spindle for the balancing machine,
so I am confident that the balancing is as good as I can get it.  Does
anyone have good experience having their wire wheels trued?  Where?  I live
in Kansas, so I'll probably have to ship them somewhere.  Is it better to
buy new wheels?  The VB catalog mentions that even new wheels should be
trued before installation.  Any advice will be appreciated!
Joel Woodard
bjoelw@acck.edu
'64 MGB