Re: Changing carbs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing carbs
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:22:50 -0800
For what it's worth....I took the Weber 32/36 DGV off of my MGB roadster (1967)
and put rebuilt SU's back on because I was unhappy with the hesitation and
general performance of the Weber.  I also was able to get over $200 for the
thing on E-Bay.  You've got to love the internet!

The SU's, in my opinion, give a smoother running engine and better low-end
power.  The Weber gave better high-end power.  I tend to drive around town and
to work, so I rarely used the "high end" advantage.

Of course, YMMV - perhaps mine wasn't set up properly!  In any event, I figure
that I don't know more than the engineers that developed the whole car!

Best,

Tony Woodruff
67 MGB Roadster
67 MGB-GT - Gone to become a race car.....

And now for the quote of the day...

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency,
even if I'm in a cabinet meeting."
--Ronald Reagan

>>> "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM> 1/9/00 2:23:11 PM >>>
Hello List,

Are there any publications on carb swaps that cover the pro's and con's of each
type and what is needed to do a swap.  Most of what I have seen coveres SU's
and Weber DCOE's and is lmited to general performance.  How does a Stromberg
compare to a Weber DGV? If I go with a carb or carbs that have a manual choke,
do I need to get an earlier type hoses?

My car is a daily driver that I take on occasional 1000+ mile trips.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Erich -1980 MGB