My pick of 4

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My pick of 4
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:24:25 -0400
' Don't mean to pick on Bud but this is the first moment I feel like
jumping on this thread.  Geeze - most of these lists have only one MG on
'em.  ' Think my list would include

1.) My YT whenever I get it done ((sigh...))

2.) A Varitone ZB sedan with a B engine, Datsun Z-car 5-speed tranny, and a
3.9 rear end to make it a good road car.  To please my wife, I'd add A/C.
' Still think it would be neat to include a Rover/Buick V8 (call it an MG
street rod!), but I'll bet it would be quite a trick getting the V8 over
that ZB front crossmember.

3.)  My '65 pull-handle roadster - whenever I get that finished also.
(Hey, it's further along than the YT!)

4.)  Either my existing Teal Blue '73 GT - whenever I get it back on the
road, or perhaps an MGC/GT with O/D.

5.) An MGA 1600 Mark II Deluxe.

6.) An S, W, or V prewar sedan.

7.) Any T series car.

8.) A 1934 Plymouth town sedan.*

Yeah - I know it's more than four, but it's in keeping with my philosophy
that if I could only own ONE car, they'd all be MGs!  (Sometimes, I have to
admit, it takes more than one MG to = one car.)

*I love old flat head Mopars (family sentiment).  My first car was a '37
Plymouth, and lets face it, I'm attracted to cars that aren't made any more!

Tomorrow, though, my list will change.  It always does...

Allen

>From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
>
>What have I lusted over and would buy if I had the bucks?
>
>1) an MGTD.  How about that? I have one.  An awful lot of fun.  I wanted one
>from the first moment I saw one in 1951.
>2) 1953 Ferrari TestaRosa (Red, of course)
>3) 1960 Porsche 356B S90 Cabriolet
>4) MB 300SL Coupe, (1955 I think)
>
>Oh well, one can dream!
>

>--
>Bud Krueger
>http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/
>52TD
>77MGB

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333