Re: Engine Noise Again

To: Randy <rap@palmnet.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Noise Again
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:52:54 -0500
Randy,

That much oil pressure does not usually indicate main or connecting rod
bearing failure. In fact I think it indicates that the bottom half is okay.
Restoring an MG demands some very entertaining detective work. Some evidence
up top says look in the head. Someone else mentioned a stuck exhaust valve.
Using your shop manual, check the valve gaps. You may also want to get an
inexpensive compression tester that help you evaluate the rings, valve seats
and valves.

Jim