RE: ABS experience

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ABS experience
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@ij.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:50:32 -0500
Sounds like your ABS wasn't working properly.  I had an experience in
upstate New York with my 91 Mistubishi (with ABS).  I was traveling about 50
MPH on slush (combination of ice, water, dirt, etc. for your southerners)
when I had to panic stop to avoid the car on my left who just decided to
come into my lane.  With a curb on my right, I had no where to go and still
avoid damage.  The car came to a very nice, straight, quick stop without
hitting anyone/anything. (I did have the pulsing, but no lock-up) Would not
have been possible without ABS!  Unfortunately, I've had 1 or 2 other
occasions to use the ABS with other cars, but luckily with the same great
results.  I'm sold on the technology and would not even consider a car
without it!
Pete