Re: Changing condensers/capacitors

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing condensers/capacitors
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:06:01 -0000
Isn't that where "if it ain't bust, don't fix it" came from?

I've never had a capacitor fail in over 30 years, that includes running cars
for six years and 70k miles, and until I replaced the distributor on the
roadster last year hadn't changed one either.

Hunt's  4th Law of MG ownership "Many break-downs occur soon after a car has
been worked on; 'new' parts can be faulty when you receive them; 'new' parts
will sometimes fail soon after fitting; 'new' parts almost certainly won't
last as long as the originals"

PaulH.