Re: ABS experience [still OT]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ABS experience [still OT]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:22:25 -0800
Max Heim had this to say:

>I have an idea -- someone should look at a manufacturer's web site
>(Volvo? GM? DaimlerChrysler?) to see if they have an explanation of their
>particular system which we could discuss realistically, instead of
>hypothetically. I know I have read descriptions of various systems in R&T
>as they were introduced, but I don't know how I'd look them up.

OK, I tried it. On Ford's site I found a link to the ABS Education
website. I think those interested can find what they need to know at:

<http://www.abs-education.org/faqs/faqindex.htm>

BTW, according to this there does seem to be a big difference between
4-wheel ABS and rear-wheel anti-lock brakes, found on SUVs and light
trucks. I think most of the "bad experience" anecdotes were from SUV
owners, am I right? Anyway, this site seems pretty honest, it doesn't
claim it's perfect, just effective within certain parameters.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149