Re: fuel pump leaking

To: <Swkintx@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump leaking
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 14:26:55 -0000
A pump with a hole in the outlet will allow an engine to continue to run
normally until the hole has grown big enough such that the majority of the
fuel is pumping on the floor and starving the engine - obviously a very
major leak.  A pump with a hole in the inlet may cause problems at the
engine much earlier because it will be sucking in air when the pump is
running as well as letting some fuel out when it is stopped.

If there is a leak it could be caused by a number of things like bad gasket
or mating surfaces, bad hoses/pipes, bad diaphragm or even a cracked pump
casing.

A pump can be bad with or without a leak.  If there is a leak then something
is bad and should be investigated and fixed pronto.

PaulH.