79 MGB Head needed

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79 MGB Head needed
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:31:11 -0800
Hi all.

it looks like I need to rebuild the head on my 79 MGB, California
model... (though apparently all models were the same in '79?)...

I would much rather get another head rebuilt and then switch them out on
the same weekend... than to delay the work while waiting for the machine
work to be done on mine...

Hence... does anyone have a stock head, in good rebuildable condition...
at a GREAT price?  : )

OR...  does anyone out there have their own shop.... and can offer me a
rebuilt head at reasonable price...

OR... can anyone recommend a shop, that's not on the list, that offers
rebuilt units?

I know there are new ones available...in both stock and aluminum
configurations, but I would prefer not to drop that much money into the
car.

--Justin
Los Angeles