Sheet Metal repair

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sheet Metal repair
From: "John H. Reynolds" <johnr@mail.nwmissouri.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 20:05:22 -0600
I am in the process of stripping my 1979 MGB in preparation for the trip
to the body/paint shop.  I have three problem areas and need some
advice/direction on the best way to fix these:

1.  Rust hole about the size of small fist (after poking it open with
the screw driver) on the slanted metal directly underneath the clutch
master cylinder and ahead of the floor panel.

2.  Outside, front mounting hole for the driver's seat has the screw
rusted in it.  The square "hump" is also rusted through on one corner.

3.  The sheet metal between the trunk and the passenger compartment has
6x9 speaker holes cut in it - I don't intend to use these and want to
restore the panel to its original look in the trunk - no, I don't want
to cover it up with carpet <grin>.

Thanks for your help.

John Reynolds
Maryville, MO