Re: Filling the oil pump

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Filling the oil pump
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 20:42:37 -0500
I usually prime the oil pump after installation by filling a squirt type oil
can with oil and  squirting it down the oil pressure hose (or remove the
hose and directly into the orifice on the right rear of the engine). Workd
every time for me. I have never been able to, nor do I  like the idea of
grinding on the starter until the oil courses thru all the galleys. I have
never been able to attain pressure this way either. Maybe it''s my
Polishness! Priming on the bench may be self defeating in that the oil will
vacate the pump by the time you install the engine. My own humble opinion,
please no flames
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski