Club Affiliation

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Club Affiliation
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 13:12:57 -0500
As President of a large New England based LBC club (British MotorCars of
New England) I am  curious if any of you(or your local clubs) have had
the opportunity to affiliate with national MG clubs like AMGBA or
NAMGBR. I have been a member of NAMGBR since its inception and would
appreciate hearing the pros and cons of smaller clubs like ours becoming
"chapters" of the national clubs. It has recently come to my attention
that we are a "Chapter" of the AMGBA organization. I have been President
since Oct. 1998 and just found this out when I received my first ever
issue of the AMGBA OCTAGON and saw my club listed in their "Chapters"
section.  Personally, I would prefer affiliation with NAMGBR.  Don't
intend to start a turf war here, it's just my personal preference  just
like my membership in the MGOC (MG Owner's Club in the motherland!) as
opposed to the "other" GB based MG club. Is David Deutsch out there
somewhere and can he offer he some help!
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
<http://www.bmcne.com>