Re: mgb sighting-More on Polaroid-really non-LBC

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: mgb sighting-More on Polaroid-really non-LBC
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 12:03:14 -0500
Bill,

I also knew Fritz during a 1.5 year stint as assistant technical director at
Nikon's Instrument Division! He was, most assuredly, at times an unusual
character. I had the pleasure of studying with his rival from Look Magazine, (I
was clearly the grunt, but what an honor to be there) Phil Harrington. Phil was
an equally eccentric character who taught me the meaning of serendipity. No
monkey heads, but we knocked over plenty of other stuff including a few bottles
of brandy.

Anywho..... the point of my note is to pick on Polaroid some more. It was
actually Kodak who made the film and photosensitive layers (the negative) for
the Polaroid 4x5 Type 55 P/N film Fritz used (so did Ansel Adams and lots of
other great ones.) DuPont (I think) made the film for the 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 Type
105 P/N film. So, in consideration of those facts, I think it is okay if we
continue to dump on Polaroid.

Better get back to MG talk before someone starts complaining. Thanks a million
for the memory jog. Whatta small world!!!!!

Jim