Re: Queen's Birthday!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Queen's Birthday!
From: "Jordon" <pigsfly@home.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:29:04 -0800
Queens birthday? Victoria? MGB?

Reminds me of a story...

Back in 76, during the ownership of my first MGB (a 67), my girlfriend and I
drove up to Vancouver Island from Seattle for the weekend. We spent Saturday
night at a hotel near Victoria and Sunday morning started driving up the
east side of the island. We only got about 50 miles when my fuel pump gave
up. I hit the damn thing with a hammer a few times, but it didn't help.

We worked at the same place so I put her on a bus back to Seattle and told
her to tell my boss what happened and that I be back as soon as I could find
a replacement. I slept in the B that night and found out in the morning that
it was the Queens birthday and nothing was open. It was a great day so I
hitch-hiked into Victoria and watched the parade and after a couple of hours
decided to go back to the B and remove the pump so I'd be ready for Tuesday
morning. After I got back to the car and climbed underneath, I removed one
of the electrical connectors to the pump and heard the pump click once. I
thought to myself... "I must have left the ignition on" so I tapped the
connector to the terminal and heard it click again. Tap Tap Tap... Click
Click Click. I reconnected the connector to the terminal, got in the car,
and proceeded to drive about a half mile before it quit.

I pulled over, rummaged around in the trunk, came up with a 6 foot length of
lamp wire and a push button switch, hooked it up to the pump, ran the wire
up through the battery compartment and pushed that button all the way back
to Seattle.

Jordon
79 B
98 HD