Re: electronic ignition

To: "Simms, Scott S." <Scott_Simms@den.invesco.com>,
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:41:20 -0800
My Allison has survived 10 years of benign neglect without a glitch, so I
infer that it's reliable. The Pertronix gets style and originality points
for residing entirely within the distributor cap. IMHO the biggest
advantage of "pointless" ignition is that it eliminates having to pull
the distributor twice a year to mess with the points. This saves wear and
tear on the fragile distributor base (where the clamp bites), and/or the
tedious process of removing/replacing the less-than-accessible
clamp-to-block bolts. I would guess that it would pay for itself in time
saved by the 3rd or 4th tune-up.

Simms, Scott S. had this to say:

--

Max Heim