Fuel Gauge Problems

To: <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Gauge Problems
From: "Colin Brown" <ccbrown@whitesea.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:08:44 -0000
Yes it all sounds very familiar, my first problem turned out to be the
voltage regulator,I also  fixed  the replacement on the bulkhead the
correct way up!
My second problem turned out to be  muck/verdegris etc on the outside
of the sender unit on and between the two terminals.
Both were eventually identified and easily sorted, there was nothing
wrong with my gauge , but of course I had to check it!  But a word of
warning if removing the gauge itself, mine had been tightened in place
before the dashboard crinkle paint had dried, and  as I prised it out
I removed  a couple of inches of surrounding paint in 3 enormous
flakes.
If I had been awake I might have  used adhesive to stick them back on
again, now I cringe every time I notice my less than perfect, repair!
I suppose I could repaint the lot!      :>(

Colin Brown
'67B