bored block

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: bored block
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:13:55 GMT
Has anyone had the experience, when boring a block, that the
bore-thing-a-ma-jig does not go to the bottom of the sleave (gets hung up on
the crank bearing mount)?  The machine shop I have taken my block to was
unable to bore through the sleave and as a result there is a 1/8 of inch lip
at the bottom of the piston wall.  He seems to think that it should not
interfear with the piston travel.  Should I be concerned?  Ramifications
(oil flow?)?  Is my description clear?   How about a Picture:

|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |