Re: AZ Emmissions cont'd [more crater chat + LBC rally]

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AZ Emmissions cont'd [more crater chat + LBC rally]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:40:41 -0800
Yeah, after driving all the way up there from Mesa I was pretty PO'ed to
get hit with a $7 admission charge. I mean, it never occurred to me that
you could do that. OK, the National Parks charge admission, too, I guess,
but they're a little bigger than this. I mean, it only takes 15 minutes
to check it out, unless your kids trap you in the gift shop.

All that aside, it was pretty cool to stand on the rim and look around.
You could see Monument Valley on the horizon, and from the map I think it
was 80-100 miles away. Looked like good sports car country... well, maybe
if you have air conditioning. I notice R&T just ran an Aston, a Jag, a
Ferrari and a Merc through there. Really roughing it...

Oh, that reminds me... LBC alert! [mandatory relevant content]

...the same issue of R&T has an article on the "California Melee", a
low-budget take-off on the upscale California Mille vintage rally/tour.
Featured far-from-concours vehicles included a B, a Sprite, and a Valiant
(well, I like 'em). This sounded like just the tour for my B. It's based
in SF, but they didn't even mention what time of year it was held. Anyone
know any more about it? They printed a contact address but I loaned my
copy to a friend.

n had this to say:

--

Max Heim