RE: Engine Rebuilder

To: MG Mail list <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Engine Rebuilder
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:25:49 -0500
I bought a HP Clutch kit from them some years ago. The splines on the disk
were poorly made. The first time I let the cluthc out in gear, the disk turned
and jammed on the trans shaft. It took everything short of explosives to
separate the disk hub from the trans shaft. When I finally got it apart, I
had the pressure plate, throw out bearing, and tiny peices of the disk. I
called Paeco about it and they were willing to take back the plate and bearing
and give me my money back. But because the disk was in peices, they would only
give me a partial credit for it. And it was a credit with them towards any
ather purchases I may have made with them. On top of it all, I had to replace
the rear engine plate as it had warped as a result of all of the pulling and
prying I did to separate the engine and trans.
I can't say that they mistreated me, or didn;t stand by their prodict, but I
have not gone back to them.

<Larry.Ruggiero@afrc.af.mil> =====
>Hi again, listers. In planning for my engine rebuild, I've come across PAECO
>in Birmingham AL as a rebuilder and tuner of numerous furrin car engines, to
>include 'Bs and Spridgets.  Anyone have any experiences with them, pro or
>con?  They seem a bit pricey to me, at least on long-blocks (~$3700) but
>short-blocks seem reasonable at $1400.  I'd prefer a rebuild on my original
>motor, not an exchange.  All comments are appreciated, especially from those
>of you in the SE.
>
>Larry Ruggiero
>Warner Robins Ga
>'72 MGB