Re: Purchasing stuff in the UK from the US. Questions....

To: michael.graziano@csfb.com
Subject: Re: Purchasing stuff in the UK from the US. Questions....
From: Robert Haigney <Robert.Haigney@anixter.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 9:11:26 -0800
Hi, I used to live in England, and my mom still lives there, she is always
shipping me stuff.  $29 is a pretty good shipping rate from England, at least
to California where I live.  Fed-ex and UPS tend to be really expensive, what
sort of time frameare you looking at before you receive the stuff.....?

To send money to England or from England, I've alwasy used Money Gram, there on
the web, if you need to find a place close to you, they are all over the place
in England, they charge you by the amount of money you are sending about 10%,
and they'll tell you the english equivelant so you know exactly how much the
person in England will receive.  Current exchange rate about 0.6 dollars to the
pound e.g $300 is about 180 english pounds.

If you send a check the English banks can get very expensive, you could do a
bank transfer, costs us about $10 to receive it here, not sure on the English
costs but it has to be cheaper than a check.
I once sent a US check to Romania and they didn't seem to bothered about the
bank costs, the check was only for $17.50, but that';s not England.

Hope this helps.
Robert.

michael.graziano@csfb.com on 02/18/2000 08:47:17 AM
Please respond to michael.graziano@csfb.com@internet@WTAXE