Re: Why OD on 4spd and not just 5spd?

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>, "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Re: Why OD on 4spd and not just 5spd?
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (Paul Nelson)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:50:20 -0800
At 14:07 2/21/00 -0500, Tab Julius wrote:
>However, that brings up the other part of the question - is OD different
>than 5th gear in ways other than the fact that it simply doesn't have a
>stick position?  Is pushing/sliding the little OD button effectively the
>same as choosing 5th gear or does it do something very different?

        The big difference to me is that OD works in both 3rd and 4th, and
in driving through really curvy sections of road, I really enjoyed that
aspect of it where I didn't need to shift so often because I would switch
in and out of OD instead.  I only had an OD 71 for a year, but that was
great.
Paul Nelson