Brake light switches

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake light switches
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:13:54 -0800
Word on the street is that Ajhsys@aol.com said:
> Earlier cars have a brake light switch in the hydraulic line.  Silicone brake
> fluid will probably destroy this switch, and Lockheed will not replace it
> under warranty if silicone fluid was used.  Your car is a later model with
> the brake light switch mounted at the pedal, so this isn't a problem.

Speaking of which... I have the earlier hydraulic switch.  It usually
doesn't come on unless I'm REALLY pressing on the brakes.  I would
like to have the lights come on even when I'm pressing the brakes
gently; the more visual clues I can give the fool in the SUV behind me,
the less chance of getting crunched...

Is it possible to make the switch more sensitive or to fit the later
type of pedal-actuated switch?

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)