Re: 73 B Jumpin' Tach Needle

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 73 B Jumpin' Tach Needle
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:40:21 -0000
73 shouldn't have the white loop but the uni-directional white/black that
runs from the points-side of the coil to the bullet connector on the back of
the tach.  Poor contacts in the white circuit as Skye says, plus the coil to
distributor white/black and inside the distributor (i.e. burned points) can
also cause it.  It could also be internal to the tach, or in the green 12v
feed to it.  If you can disconnect the white.black at the tach and it still
does it you know it is the tach or its green supply.  If it stops doing it
when disconnected and starts doing it when reconnected it is a fair bet that
it is in the coil/points wiring.

PaulH.