Clutch chirp

To: <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch chirp
From: "Colin Brown" <ccbrown@whitesea.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:45:44 -0000
Bruce Phillips complains of clutch chirp when he extends his left leg.
The night before I left home on a  1500mile excursion round Wales, I
replaced my clutch slave cylinder which had been leaking badly.  As
soon as the rain had stopped the little slave cylinder push rod
started to protest at the absence of lubricant, and my chirp soon
became a squeal.
I was 200 miles from home and about to  reorganise my touring plans,
when I discovered that a well placed squirt of WD 40 ( Aerosol
lubricant) could solve  my problem and it has never recurred. Its
worth trying.        I hope your problem  can be solved as easily!
Cheers
Colin
'67B