Rebuilding A 1979 Midget Engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding A 1979 Midget Engine
From: Dan <smoothefeet@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:04:44 -0800 (PST)
Hello All

How easy is it to remove and replace the engine?

Are there any good improvements I can do while the
engine is out besides bringing it back to stock?

I'd like to give a bit more performance without
loosing the street legality of it, plus I'm in CALIF.,
and only cras '73 and older or at least 30 years old
thereafter are exempt from smog, so I guess there goes
the addage of duo carbs and headers and the like.

I noticed that the driver's side rear is lower than
the passenger side,  What gives?  Do I need to replace
the leaf springs and/or shocks on it?

Is the handbrake cable easilty repairable?  Any
suggestions on this?

Thanks

Dan
Do You Yahoo!?