Stiff shifter movement

To: "MG listerati" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stiff shifter movement
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 07:49:28 -0800
Last summer I bought and rebuilt an O/D tranny for my '70 BGT.  After
getting the car back on the road I noticed that the shifter was stiff and
offered more than normal resistance to moving through the gears with the
engine not running.  When the engine running it feels completely normal.  I
thought that it was just new and tight and that it would loosen up with
time.  Well, now I've put about 3,000 miles on the beast and it still feels
weird to try moving the shift lever when the engine is off.  Anybody have
any guesses as to what I did wrong???

"We are just temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."
Lonn Howard
Pasco, WA USA
'67 Land Rover 109
'70 TR6