Non-Lucas Prince of Darkness

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-Lucas Prince of Darkness
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:07:36 -0800
Just so Sir Lucas doesn't take all the blame for electrical faults, I have a
tale of woe on my non-LBC vehicle, an '89 Ford Tempo. (I know, Ford stands
for Fix Or Repair Daily)  First the alternator plug fried, so I replaced it
and the new plug fried, so I replaced the alternator.  Then I had to replace
the fried plug and when I pulled the old plug out one of the prongs came
with it!  So now I need a new socket, but guess what, you can't find the
bugger (we can order it for $60).  Great price, but I can get a whole alt.
for $40!  Well here comes a new alternator.

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster
swconley@foxinternet.net