A Dumb Question...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Dumb Question...
From: Dan DiBiase <dibiase@home.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 16:04:45 -0500
I know there is no such thing as... But here comes one! I was
re-re-reading Lindsey Porter's MGB DIY guide last night, and came across
an item that indicated that from 1976 onwards, B's were fitted with
overdrive as standard. It was not clear if this was a UK-only statement
or not. Nothing seems to indicate in my (Moss reprint) Drivers Handbook
other than how to engage/disengage the o/d and how to check the fluid
level. If my 76 B has it, it's not working because I've flicked the ww
lever back and forth while driving previously, wondering why it moved
like that...! SO, when I climb underneath the car tomorrow am, will it
be obvious whether or not I have an o/d unit?? If so, guess I'll be
feeling pretty stupid as I've owned the car for 12 years!

Thx, Dan D
76 Brooklands Green B Roadster
currently residing in Dayton, NJ