79 MGB Parts and Battery Size

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79 MGB Parts and Battery Size
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:38:04 -0600
I added a 79 MGB to the yard yesterday.  Actually my son bought it and wants
to do the repairs.  He's 21 and has been driving LBCs since he got his
drivers permit.  The car runs great, but needs a complete interior.  If
anyone has some used door panels, carpets, seats or top in fair condition
you want to sell cheaply he needs them.  He is on a restricted budget since
he's also paying for college expenses.

I'm just finishing my 71 TR6 and hope to be driving it in a couple weeks.  I
also have a 73 MGB in the back yard that is my next project, so my son is
pretty much on his own for this one.  (I know I'll end up helping a lot, but
I don't mind so long as he's showing an interest!)

The 79 MGB didn't come with a battery, so I don't know what size to buy.  If
someone could send me the battery size info, I'd like to buy one today so I
don't have to push is around the driveway to get my other cars in & out of
the garage.

Thanks,

Ken Waringa