Re: Residential Grade Lift

To: vitro@uswestmail.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Residential Grade Lift
From: Steve Walker <swalker@gte.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:22:41 -0500
At 10:27 PM 3/8/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm thinking about a lift for my garage to add another vehicle.  I have
>10ft of clearance from the floor to the bottom of the rafters.  One I'm
>looking at is http://www.liftguide.com/gm-7000.htm.
>
>Any experience or suggestions?

I just finished setting up an Autolifters M-6 - free standing, four post,
lift. For $3,200, I got the lift, the casters (you can roll it about with
the car on it!) and the sliding jack tray. My rafters are at 9'8", so it
only just makes it. It was a cheaper solution than a third garage, and
didn't require permits. Without a car on it, it runs off 110v @ 15A -
haven't tried the car yet - that's this weekend - might need to upgrade to
20A. With a small mod to the garage door opening, I should be able to wheel
it outside, and have a family oil-chnge weekend  :-)

I don't have my dimensions with me, but the M-6 seems smaller - may
translate into cheaper.

E-mail me with questions....

Steve Walker

'78 MGB psLE