Oil Pressure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:24:54 +0000
OK, so I have retired my last set of wire wheels (for now) and until I
can affors some really nice mag wheels my little yellow beast is sitting
on freshly painted Rostyles... boring but very practical for now.

Do you know what it is like to slam on the brakes and take off real fast
(don't try this at home kids... this was a controlled experiment) and
not hear any klonk at all.  This has only been the case for small
periods of time with the wire wheels and it feels so... solid.

But more about that later (nice new diff and suspension componenets will
be reported on as they get tested).

My problem now is that when I took her for her first solid-wheel run, I
noticed that my oil pressure dropped by five or so pounds when I went
over 55mph.  It didn't seem (except in my imagination) to drop much more
by the time I got to 70mph but it could have moved an extra lb or so
down.

What is happening guys... I am used to the pressure going up (to a
point) as I pushed her?

I have a race at the end of this week and she is going to get pushed a
lot harder then.

Why do these things only show up at night when I have a whole night to
worry about them before I can take a good look in the morning!?

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS Temperature here has been in the high 80's and she was running at
60lbs pressure at 3000 in 4th - she used to run at 70lbs but I guess
that was in cooler weather and before I threw her around so nastily for
a few races.