Clutch MC - Update

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch MC - Update
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:02:05 -0500
Just wanted to let the list know that the later clutch MC for B's ('68-'80)
are currently unavailable. They are supposedly going to be made in the near
future though (once the tooling is back in place). Gordon Strickland of The
B Hive gave me the low-down on why they are unavailable. The manufacturer of
the clutch MC's (Lockheed?) decided that the Euro version of the MC would
fit N. American models, so they stop making the NA spec MC's and started
sending Euro spec MC's over here. Turns out that although they work the same
mechanically, they are different in size and do not fit NA B's. So they had
to get the tooling back in place to make the NA spec MC's, thus the delay.
They are supposed to be available again in a couple of months. So it looks
like I will be rebuilding my clutch MC, and hoping the bores are still in
good shape.

Craig
'71 B