Re: Upholstery

To: mistebar@juno.com
Subject: Re: Upholstery
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:52:52 -0500
I redid my drivers seat in my 76 B two years ago with one of Moss's vinyl
seats.  The instructions are minimal,  but adeguate.  I also had the
advantage of a brochure from British Vistoria that described how to do the
entire interior of a LBC.  The only part that really takes a lot of care is
the glueing the seat cover to the foams.  This is critical to get the seat
looking right.  Read the instuctions several times and procede with care.

The hardest part is getting the seats out of the car and then reinstalling
them  while trying to line up the wood spacer and the rails.  Also remember
that the seats and rails are right and left and they are not
interchangable.  Make careful note of the alignment of the bottom seat foam
before removing it.  I think there is a slight shift from center depending
on the side of the car that  the seat will be installed in.

No special tools are required that should not be in your normal tool box.

Bob Reisse
76 MGB
NAMGBR 8-3559
69 MGC-GT