Rules are made to be...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rules are made to be...
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:29:13 +0000
The club that runs the supersprint (race) series I and many of my club
members compete in each year has had a hissy fit and has "toughened up"
the allowances for vehicle modifications.  They have created the
following "classes" for competition (and these divided into engine
capacity).

Marque Sports Cars, Modified Marque Sports Cars
Street, Modified Street
Racing

The cheapest, for me, has been to keep within the Marque Sports Cars
Class where you try to wring the best you can out of you little old
pre-1975 beast with limited performance modifications.  This year,
however, they have "cracked down" on the allowed mods.  This means that
even *I* am almost into the "Modified Marque" class which would see me
competing against cars that are often about five to eight seconds faster
than I have yet been able to achieve (as of this moment I would be about
the slowest out there!).

The new allowed modifications read:

NO FREEDOMS UNLESS STATED
Wider wheels any type up to 40mm
Lowered ride height
Shocker ratings
Suspension bushing materials
*ONE OTHER performance advantage item ONLY from the list below
One only increased diameter swaybar
One only additional swaybar
Larger diameter exhaust

These are the ONLY allowable modifications.

Under these rules, they are enforcing the movement to MODIFIED MARQUE of
any MGB that is fitted with Weber carbies?

My question is (after that lengthy pre-amble):

Was there ever an MGB release with Weber carbies (and hence making a
mockery of this ruling)?

I have some fuzzy memory that there was?

Eric
'68MGB MkII (very stock... well, almost)