Re: MG is reborn?

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: MG is reborn?
From: "danray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:07:07 -0500
The British govt's ability to "balk" and quash the "deal" is one of the main
problems with the Brit Auto industry. US Independents here don't have that
restraint, do they? Look at PANOZ, and how they've successfully built a
company with a hinge to FoMoCo! Granted, Panoz cars aren't affordable to the
average shmo like me, but same goes for Morgans.
We'll just wait and see. Read between the lines, and you'll see there's no
intention YET to create a real buyable MG for the States. THAT will take one
of the big three -- Ford, GM or Chryscedes(sounds like a curse, doesn't it?
haha) to make a cheap, no-frills sporting roadster with an MG badge and more
than just cosmetic homage to the marque.
There seems to be a "business potential" to the MG name somewhere, at
least...but then, there isn't such a strong following for FIATs, is there?

Just MHO!
Dan
73 B