Re: Diagrams

To: rsexson@excite.com
Subject: Re: Diagrams
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 02:28:45 -0500
rsexson@excite.com wrote:

> The electrical diagrams in my haynes manual are schematics.

  Actually, they are not schematics, they are indeed wiring
diagrams.

  If they were schematics, the details of the wiring connections
would not be shown. A wire that goes to ground would just have
a "ground" image, rather than showing where it is grounded
and what else grounds where it does.

  The reason I bring this up is sometimes I wish I had
a pure schematic. I have a lot of experience reading circuits
from schematics, and sometimes I think I would find it easier
to debug strange behaviour if I could see the circuit in
standard form.

  (ie: to know that this wire is power and this wire
is ground, rather than tracing them to find what they
connect to eventually and seeing what that makes them)

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca