Re: Door Pull plastic

To: JTPAKI@aol.com
Subject: Re: Door Pull plastic
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:41:47 -0600
I don't know of a direct supplier, but you can try:

- A local automotive upholstery shop or wholesaler. I found a very good one in
the Chicago area at www.duboisfabrics.com.
BTW: Their HEADERBOND 2000 contact cement is AWESOME. Rated at 200F it's worked
great for the under-bonnet padding as well as vinyl and seat covering. The owner
formulated it himslef and claims it's actually designed to work at higher temps,
but he didn't want to rate it beyond for legal reasons . I didn't have much luck
with 3M's products, this stuff really sticks.(No financial interest, just a
passing along a great product)

- Local body shop supplier. Some of ours carry trim hardware.

- Local NAPA or large automative parts house. I've tried PEP Boys & Trak Auto,
very slim on hardware unless it's for domestic vehicles.

- Last resort: could you use a household style fastener? (The type you use in
drywall)

Good Luck.

Jeff
'70MGB