Re: Scary incident with aftermarket fuel pump & Solid State SU

To: fayne@attglobal.net (Jeff Fayne)
Subject: Re: Scary incident with aftermarket fuel pump & Solid State SU
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:17:35 -0500 (EST)
--WebTV-Mail-12323-3183

That is a scary incident, Jeff.

When I bought my B several years ago the fuel pump went bad soon after I
got the car.  Luckily I was not out on the road.  It was the original
S.U. and probably could have been rebuilt, but I chickened out and
bought a new S.U. from SICP.  The price was affordable and the new pump
included the diode fix.  This was prior to the SS units I believe.  I
also wanted something know to have the correct volume delivery and
pressure specs.

Anyway, so far so good and all that was back in 1995.  It also makes me
feel good to have a British S.U. unit pumping the fuel.  With the built
in diode fix I expect pretty good life on the points, but of course it
will not be as good as a SS unit.

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case
'60 Daimler SP 250