Misery Endurance Challenge

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Misery Endurance Challenge
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:32:37 EST
First, my hat is off to Barney for bringing Elliot as his navigator for this
24 hour activity. By including the next generation in activities that we
enjoy today, we will hopefully plant a seed of interest in them that will
grow to become the love and enthusiasm for British cars when we are gone.

Second, my congratulations to Barney in his completing of the
rallye...essentially driving it solo. This year's run was challenging for two
adults cramped in a small MG for 24 hours....Barney had to read maps, find
markers, and keep up his image for Elliott.

I know that had Barney opted to have a different navigator (such as Phil
Vanner of last year) the final outcome would have been much different!

Now....it pleases me to announce that Two Rick Racin'..a division of Team
Fokowie took first place (our third in four years...we won't mention the
pitiful DNF of 1999), scoring 39 out of a possible 40 points. We ran a 1974
MGB/GT owned by Rick Verhey of Grand Rapids, MI (and pretty much
"waterproofed" with duct tape).

Barney....now for "ROUTE S".....You were so close!  What is the plural of
ROUTE? Now look for an East-West road just west of SR3 at the "beginning" of
the final leg for a road that is a synonym of this plural. Everything will
fall into place.

Abingdon Trials the third weekend of August in west central Illinois is next!

Cheers!

rick ingram
two rick racin'
team fokowie