Windscreen to body seal 77B & Kudos to Art Pfenninger

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windscreen to body seal 77B & Kudos to Art Pfenninger
From: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:50:59 -0330
Thanks & Kudos to Art Pfenninger for his article he sent me (about a year
ago) on replacement of the said seal. I finally acomplished such this
weekend. I'd still be at it without Art's assistance. This article is also
available at http://www.mgb.bc.ca/service/window-seal.html  All went well
once I determeined what termined what "curved side up ment" . Can anyone
tell me where the correct place is to trim the W/B seal on the ends adjacent
the pillars? There is another seal [Moss # 282-450 pg 45 item 25 Grommet
Pillar to Body] that slips over the end of the pillar. Where do I trim the
other seal to match this one. I left it (B/W seal)as long as I could but
that seems too long. Is there a slight overlap or are they flush with each
other at the pillar & then filled with silicone of some sort?
Thanks to the list for the continuing support of the 77B. She'll be ready
for the open road if we ever see spring [and I get a new battery & see what
electrical items work & what doesnt]

Best Wishes & Safety Fast
Andy Proudfoot 77B Carmine Red
Gander, Newfoundland