Re: Rx7 rear end swap

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rx7 rear end swap
From: "Donald Markham" <donaldmarkham@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:21:55 -0500
Larry,

I understand the concern about cost but I did find a REALLY NEAT independent
rear suspension  that is being developed in  England by Trevor Taylor. This
would be the perfect swap for something like your looking into doing, I did
send an email asking for info and recieved some interesting information on
their coil over front suspension but was told that pricing as well as final
design has not been completed for the rear suspension yet. I have attached
the link to their web page which will show a great picture of both front as
rear suspensions.  http://www.mgcars.org.uk/trevortaylor/indisusp.htm
I would think that there should be several smaller rear ends that could be
cut down to suit such as the early (mid 70's) small mustangs and Chevy
Monza's both were offered as factory V8's and should not need to be cut down
to much not to mention that amount of avalible parts and gear ratios.

Don Markham
72 MGB GT
67 MGB GT Special