Re: no-LBC content:......now we're moving more into LBCrelated content!

To: Tony Woodruff <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Subject: Re: no-LBC content:......now we're moving more into LBCrelated content!
From: Dan DiBiase <dibiase@home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:53:10 -0500
Tony, I actually like the three wiper system... That's the first thing
most people seem to comment on upon viewing the car! As far as the
rubber bumpers and ride height are concerned, a personal experience...

In 1989 I was rear-ended in my 76 RBB by a Pontiac Sun-thing. I was hit
flush on the rear bumper and pushed into the back of a pick-up truck by
the force of the collision (the driver behind me said he was going about
20 mph, and did not have time to hit his brakes). I was off my brakes
(with the clutch in!). My car sustained NO damage to the rear bumper,
amazingly enough, other than a small scratch. My front bumper ALSO
sustained no damage, as the bumper of the pick-up never even touched it.
Instead, my hood, front fenders and basically everything forward of the
radiator was mashed... I also managed to sustain nothing worse than a
sore neck (versus an accident I was in in 1997 with my airbag-equipped
Jetta where my face ached for about a week...).

What's my point? I love the way the chrome-bumpered cars look (except
for the missing wiper ;-) but I can appreciate my B's 'upright'
personality as well!

Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer (with beautiful front fenders and hood)