LBC question!!! finally

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC question!!! finally
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:21:36 -0700
I went to put in a new catalytic converter last weekend (mine was
hollow...hmmmm)
I thought it would be unbolt and bolt back on... but.
I just couldnt' reach that inside nut!
After trying to find a wrench, we decided to just take off the manifold,
which we did.  Got if off and the new one started in, but the lower
flange on the new cat isn't threaded like the old one!!!
So I had to go buy some hardware to put through and then put nuts on the
end... but they werent' quite long enough.
Does anyone have advice on how to reconnect all the exhaust goodies
after doing this?  Should I just use some long bolts and get the nuts
started before putting on the manifold, and then just tighten everything
up as much as possible?
Is there a secret trick I dont' know but should?
I am hopefully going to get this done this weekend and put on my newly
rebuilt ZS (thanks to Lawrie's operation!--looks beautiful) then, maybe,
oh, I dont' know, finally pass emissions and get the bloody thing
registered and finally get to DRIVE MY MGB!!!!!!
sorry, I'm getting a little excited.
Any help is appreciated-- I would like to get this done this weekend,
because I have a blind date next week (hafta bring the B!)
thanks,
Mike Jose