painted bumper

To: gary & traci <racer@kiva.net>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: painted bumper
From: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:27:29 -0800 (PST)
My '77 B had some holes in the bumper when I acquired
it.  I left it at a body shop to take care of several
unrelated issues.  When I came back I found the holes
repaired and both bumpers painted a nice semi-black.
They looked good for awhile, but not in the long haul.
 Spilled gas does not help.  Nor does any light bumper
tapping.

My vote is for no paint.  Just keep them polished.

Anyone with suggestions for polish?

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8064/trs.html

> gary kendall

=====
Terry O'Brien, RDU/NC/USA.
What has 52 valves, 16 cylinders, 2 drivers, one air pump and comes from four
countries?
Our cars: '77 MG B, 1.8L; '83 Dodge Ram 50, 2.0(Japan); '97 Chrysler Sebring
Convertible, 2.4(Mexico) -FOR SALE-; and '97 Meercedes-Benz C230, 2.3.  Its a
small world after all.