Re: Yet another MG question!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yet another MG question!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:41:10 -0800
Yeah, that would do it, but you can get a pretty good idea of the
manufacturing date by looking at the "first produced" serial number for
each model year (as shown in the Moss catalog -- but make sure your
edition doesn't have the transposed column headings!), figuring out the
total number produced in that year, dividing by 12 to get an approximate
cars-per-month figure, and comparing where your serial number fits in
(which "month"). I had done that for myself, and when I got my BMIHT
certificate, it confirmed my calculation. Obviously any irregular events
like strikes, or plant closures for remodelling or retooling, could
effect the results for a particular year, but it should give you enough
of a clue to validate/invalidate Lawrie's conjecture.

JustBrits@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim