RE: Rear Brake Lines

To: "'Ajhsys@aol.com'" <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Rear Brake Lines
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:39:06 -0800
Allen:

        Thanks for the comment.  Without critisism, both positive and
negative there is stagnation.  Constructive critisism is always useful.
Many times it gets us off our duff to deal with stuff that got shelved.

        The MGA battery box comments are a perfect example.  Discussion on
this list has reopened a product quality issue that we tried to resolve over
a year ago.  No progress was made with the manufacturer at that time, and no
further action was taken.  Now the can of worms is opened again, and we get
to jump up and down once more.  Maybe this time we can get something
resolved.  At that time threats of changing vendor did not seem to have much
effect.
        Every quality issue requires considerable effort to resolve.  Many
times something else comes up and items are not followed through completely.
Other times we are able to resolve a problem with just a couple of calls and
perhaps a change of sourcing.

        And no, you can't have a discount.  Someone's got to pay for all of
this jumping up and down and running around.

Kelvin.