Rack Oil- Southwest Style

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Rack Oil- Southwest Style
From: mistebar@juno.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:51:03 -0800
I have a different method for loading in the 90 weight oil. I had a
friend at the hospital obtain the largest syringe they could get and an
18 gauge needle for me. I was going to use this to get by the boot, but
it did not work, the needle was just too small. So, in the Southwest we
use Swamp Coolers ( this is NOT a British term for an auto part!) which
require lubrication in hard to reach places. The oilers have a long
plastic tube which can be set to varying lenghts. (I would assume these
can be purchased at a Hardware store for those not lucky enough to live
in the No-Car-Rust Southwest)  I unscrewed the cap from this oiler, and
it fit right onto the end of the syringe! I was able to sneak the tube
past the gaitor ( I did it in the middle) and pushed the oil in. Since
the space for the tube was so small, I did not have problems with back
flow. The syringe had to be reloaded several times, and was not the
fastest thing in the world, but I knew I had put the right amount in.
Also, I was able to use the syringe without having to be right on top of
the area I was inserting the tube.

Mike
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.